We offer you 15% discount on the second excursion! You will receive a discount code in the first booking confirmation email.
Walk in a magical wood, enjoy fantastic views
This excursion will lead you to an area of the Madonie Park which is particularly rich in monumental trees. Oaks, maple trees, beech trees, but not only! Our main stop will be an extraordinary place: an entire wood of giant hollies. They are several centuries old and reach nearly 20 m high. They are unique in the world for their size, number of exemplaries and geographic location in the heart of the Mediterranean.
Stop at Piano Pomo (1 400 m) and Cozzo Luminario (1 512 m), where we will enjoy beautiful panoramic viewpoints. On clear days we can see as far as Mount Etna.
Along the trail, you will be able to observe with our naturalist guide many interesting plants, such as rare endemic species. On our way, we will probably cross some of the Madonie inhabitants: birds, fallow deer, butterflies, coleopters, etc.
- those looking for a beautiful and not too difficult hike near Castelbuono
- those who would like to get to know the Madonie’s exceptional biodiversity in a short time
- families with children from 8 years old (with younger kids, you can choose our Excursion for families)
All year long
As part of the itinerary is shaded, the hike can take place even in summer
about 3 hours
Difference in altitude:
What to bring:
Hiking shoes (or good sport shoes), water, windproof jacket, clothes suitable to the weather conditions
Meet your guide in Castelbuono (Province of Palermo) at 9 am.
You will be provided with a map indicating the meeting point when you book.
You will then reach the starting point of the trail with our own vehicle.
Mini-groups maximum 10 participants
1 adult: 49€
Save -20% if you book for 2 or 3 adults: 39€ per person
Children (6-16 years old): 15€
Children (0-5 years): free
Group price (from 4 to 10 people): 130€
Private groups: please contact us
Want to enjoy the Madonie even more? We offer you 15% discount on the second excursion!
You will receive a discount code in the first booking confirmation email.
Included in the price:
- nature guide member of AIGAE (Associazione Italiana Guide Ambientali Escursionistiche) - languages: Italian, English, French, Spanish
- hiking poles
- snack with local products
- hiking shoes rental
- transport from the meeting point to the departure of the trail - participants must have a car. If you don't have one, please contact us
Note: the excursion could be cancelled in case of bad weather conditions